We just got back from attending Rootcon 8 which was held at the Parklane International Hotel, just across the street from our office on Escario St., near Ayala Center Cebu.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Rootcon, it’s an annual hacker conference and information security gathering which aims to share best practices and technologies through talks by qualified speakers and demos of hacks, tools and tips, etc. Here’s the lineup:
- Advanced HTTP Header Security Analysis
- Browser Extension Malware
- Cyber Security in the Country
- Shellcode Exploit Analysis
- Hacking Mobile Networks.
- Email Based Threat and Attacks
- Network Security Monitoring
- The Necurs Rootkit
- Philippine Open Internet eXchange
- Hacking the Mind with Social Engineering.
- Nathan LaFollette from HP Fortify
- Nebu Alejandrino from Department of National Defense
- Vernon Chow from Barracuda
- Ulysses Liao from Trend Micro
- Roland Moreno from Westcon Solutions
- Markku Kero from Eqela
- Pol Balaguer from Cyberoam
- Benjamin “Bani” Lara from PhOpenIX
- Julius Suarez from Sophos
- Romeo Dela Cruz from Trend Micro
- Lenart Bermejo from Trend Micro
- LaLaine Gregorio from Trend Mirco
- Nico Paulo Yturriaga from ThreatTrack Security
- Mark Jayson Principe from Trance Manila.
- HP Fortify
- Trend Micro
- Westcon Solutions
We received lots of cool swag from the sponsors and got to watch some of their commercials.